The Claude Moore Charitable Foundation (CMCF) provides grants to effective community-based nonprofits and educational institutions in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We are committed to strengthening the nonprofit sector to meet community needs. Over the past few years, the Foundation has:
- Bestowed over $70 million in grants to more than 275 nonprofit programs since 1991.
- Continued to develop and expand our signature effort, the Claude Moore Scholars Program, including committing to long-term financial support through grant-making.
- Participated on nonprofit boards, and continued to support advocacy and leadership development projects.
For 2019 our priority is to continue to provide stable support to our longstanding grantees with the potential for maintaining their efforts in the current economic climate.
- We will continue to support the advocacy work of longstanding grantees, particularly now as governments reduce funding affecting our region’s most vulnerable residents and the systems that serve them.
- We will continue to devote resources to programs that improve literacy, especially for youth.
- We remain committed to support healthcare education programs throughout for the K through 12 school age populations, as well as nursing and medical education, post high school.
We will continue to actively listen to grantees and other groups to identify urgent needs and opportunities for improving education. We are committed to creatively using the Foundation’s resources, and to adapt our own practices to be more responsive to the needs of grantees.
The Trustees of Claude Moore Charitable Foundation accept and review only invited grant proposals. Unsolicited grant proposals will neither be reviewed nor funded.